Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitski

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Heaven forbid women talk about themselves amirite.

You have to reach Father John Misty levels of self-absorbed if you're a dude before you get called self-involved and extra.

Be the Cowboy is aces. I liked Puberty 2 a lot, but the new record is more my thing musically. It feels more varied and experimental sonically, but it still manages to hold together really cohesively. The lyrics are sharp and impactful. Her singing is terrific. It's a really tight, excellent record. My favorites are "Old Friend," "Lonesome Love," "Me and My Husband," "Nobody," "Washing Machine Heart," and "Two Slow Dancers." Which is like ... half the album.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    It’s hard to express how happy this makes me.

And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

This performance doesn't seem to be liked judging from the comments under the video, but I really like it. I even prefer it to the original song.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

I wouldn’t say I prefer it, but I like it a lot.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

She's one of the best new female acts recently.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

She’ll be performing on Jimmy Kimmel tonight
    -time moves both ways-

Two Slow Dancers were stunning on Kimmel, Nobody was a bit shaky. She seemed a bit nervous, but that's normal.

Sorry if this has already been posted but this performance of Nobody from a few weeks ago is really great.

Wow, didn't realize Mitski's album made #1 on both Pitchfork's Best Albums list and Pitchfork Readers' Poll. Probably the first and last time my #1 of the year matches theirs. So happy this album is getting love.

Not just Pitchfork, either. Consequence of Sound, The Line of Best Fit, Vulture, and at least a couple of others had her at #1. And others had her high in their rankings. This has been a big year for her. People are really catching on to how great she is.

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    I have been listening to Two Slow Dancers a lot recently. It really gets me.
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

SHE HAS RETURNED

This is the spookiest song she's ever done, which is appropriate because it's for a horror movie soundtrack. I love it.

In other news, she deleted her Twitter. I think I know why, and if I'm right, I can see why she did it. I'll investigate.