Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

I think everything from Aerial on is too quiet. Maybe it’s because my hearing is going, or maybe it’s because I enjoy listening to music loud, but they’re so much quieter than albums by other artists. Sensual World is bad too.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I don't mind a volume discrepancy, that's a simple fix... but when it's all muddy and bass-heavy like BTD and DC, that's what I hate.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    y

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Also what does everyone think of that 2011 remaster of TRS??? I think it sucks tbh. It doesn't even sound remastered, I swear it's just the original album with the itunes "bass boost" preset.
    No, I can hear a real difference there. I'm not techy so I don't know how to describe it but there's definitely more definition to the individual instruments and a fuller sound. There are also editing differences - Big Stripey Lie fades out instead of reaching a definite conclusion and the BVs continue through the verses of Eat The Music - which I hope are corrected for the new version as they weren't improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    y
    Here, however, I'm struggling to judge because I'm not comparing like for like. YouTube videos never sound like the CDs anyway!

The video says “digital,” so yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Also what does everyone think of that 2011 remaster of TRS??? I think it sucks tbh. It doesn't even sound remastered, I swear it's just the original album with the itunes "bass boost" preset.

The 2010 vinyl remasters on the other hand.... ooh, I was so lucky to find lossless digital copies of those. The Sensual Word is a revelation, especially Love & Anger and Heads We're Dancing.
    I quite like the 2011 remaster of TRS, there are some changes here and there and I believe Eat the Music is a different mix because you can hear the instruments more clearly. But yeah, most of the time it seems they just did a basic bass boost, which at least for me made the album more listenable anyway.

Agree about the 2010 vinyl remasters as well, very crisp sound.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    That's a great ad, and furthermore it confirms that the collection will be made available digitally. Yes!