Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

This might be neurotic, but can someone link the US iTunes Remastered II?
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I caved and ordered the first CD box set, but Amazon Canada says it won't be available until next Thursday.

I don't actually have the money to splurge on these right now but whatever. I think I've heard enough good things from people to know that I do want to own them. (I'm a little more hesitant about buying the second boxset though. I don't care that much about the b-side collections and I don't need another copy of Before the Dawn...)

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    This might be neurotic, but can someone link the US iTunes Remastered II?
    I have not been able to find them in the US iTunes store. All I've found are The Kick Inside through Hounds of Love, or the option to buy Remastered pt 1 which is The Kick Inside through The Dreaming. Why HOL got released as a stand-alone even though the other "part 2" albums aren't available yet is a head-scratcher.

Yeah. Again; Mora.jp *does* have Remastered II as well as the individual later remasters from it... so I’m not sure what slipped up for the US iTunes
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

The HD sites offering lossless files don't have Sensual World or Red Shoes, either. I think they're trying to follow the vinyl release schedule, which means part 2 with those three albums will probably get released next Friday. It appears that maybe they jumped the gun on HOL this week.

Ah, I see. Just weird that some regions have it and others don’t. I can wait; it’s not like I can’t live without all seven albums in a single week.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I did the right thing and cancelled my Amazon order. The local Dimple records (where I should have ordered to begin with) had ONE COPY today. I called as soon as they opened and it was unclaimed so I got it! YASS! The packaging really is gorgeous and so far it sounds SO GREAT. The sound quality truly is vastly superior so far. And the volume seems ok, I am BLASTING TKI at my usual blasting volume level on my sound system and it sounds wonderful.

The biggest takeaway from the remasters is clarity, for me. There is clarity in the mixes, especially on the older records. More OOMPH on the lower end, crisper highs. There is more bottom end on The Sensual World but I need to do a side by side with it and my UK pressing of the original CD. Same with new HOL vs the 1997 remaster as well as the recent TRS remaster and this one.

OH ROCKET'S TAIL FINALLY DOESN'T ASSAULT MY EARS! Seriously, it was unlistenable to me, all treble and borderline painful to listen to. Now... glorious.

That’s the one I’m most anxious about. It’s such a powerful song but it sounds like you’re listening to it through a tin can.

I definitely notice little things standing out on the old albums. There’s a cello line (I think) leading up to the second chorus of Wuthering Heights that I’ve never heard. It immediately jumped out.

IMO the songs from HOL I’ve heard don’t sound that much better than the 97 remaster. I actually thought the piano in And Dream of Sheep sounded worse on this one. :-/ Maybe I’ve gotten too used to the Before the Dawn version.

Oh yes, the BTD version sounds so amazing. But I know what you mean, it's like comparing the most recent remaster of Tear In Your Hand to the AP version. The piano sounds.. different.

Currently on The Red Shoes and, according to the credits, this is a remaster of the Director's Cut remaster. I'm on Big Stripey Lie right now, let's see if it fades out. *pauses to listen* Ooh the bass is intense. My subwoofer is WOOFING. And yeah, it fades out.