Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Silky’s Whole thing in the untucked had nothing more to do with the fact she spent all that time at home making that garment that had a tear away and she wanted America to see all her hard work.
    She said she was prepared to lip sync. Whatever. She had to know her group killed that challenge. She just wanted to show off her garment.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    The six-way lip sync was like a smash bros melee match. Seemed it was probably preconceived as a possibility for the challenge, and whispered into Ross' ear by production. The way they editted it with silly "fail" music in the background to make everyone on the losing team look way worse... lol.

Silky has not received any runway critiques yet, whether it be negative or positive - that means she has no clue at this point what the judges think of her, probably makes her nervous.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

The show knows that the 6-way lip sync was a mess because the girls on The Pit Stop were allowed to say as such. Usually, it seems like they're not allowed to disagree with any major decisions or opinions voiced on the actual show.

I'm bummed out that the queens weren't judged individually, because more than any other, Mercedes deserved the boot. It just comes off as a bit gross to me how the show is keeping her so that they can squeeze some more drama out of her struggles and identity.

Oh and was I the only one that thought Silky's runway outfit and make-up was shockingly basic?!?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I don't remember seeing a team bomb so bad before on drag race. Sure there's been a bunch of terrible performances, but this was surprisingly bad. They should have eliminated 2 queens.

On the plus side, it has been really nice to see Vanje grow so much since last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Silky’s Whole thing in the untucked had nothing more to do with the fact she spent all that time at home making that garment that had a tear away and she wanted America to see all her hard work.
    She said she was prepared to lip sync. Whatever. She had to know her group killed that challenge. She just wanted to show off her garment.
    Ohhh. That totally makes sense. I did not understand what was going on. She was "ready to lipsync!!!!!! Seeee!!! SEe guy!!!! I was ready god dammit!!!!" I was very confused. But you're totally right.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I think they could have sent at least 2 queens home. Like I don’t expect Ra’Jah O’Hara to last much longer.

Right now the standouts for me this season are Yvie Oddly and Brooke Lynn Hytes. I also like Nina West but her looks have been underwhelming so far.

There is only one star this season and her name is Yvie Oddly.

I'm fully #teamyvie at this point. However, I wasn't wild about her fringe look. I thought her makeup looked awful.

Silky is just completely insufferable. It's kind of worrisome that her insanity and irritating behavior are already at such a high level. Something has got to give.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    #Yvie. Though I confess I have a weakness for Sugah since I think he is hot as a boy. Oh and Nina I gotta love.... that is a good representation of drag in the Netherlands.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I'm loving Nina West, Scarlet, and Vanessa at this point.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Yvie is basically a cross between Sharon Needles and Sasha Velour, which in my book is a very, very good thing.

Silky is fucking annoying as all fuck. No wonder (some of) the other queens hate her.

Ra'Jah O'Hara isn't worthy of any of her names.

Mercedes just doesn't belong (and not because she's Muslim). I wish she went home instead of Kahanna, who is adorable.

Vanjie is a star. It doesn't matter if she goes far or not, she has already proven she's by no means just a meme.

Scarlet and Brooke Lynn have a lot of potential, but they seem a bit... inconsistent.

I like Nina West; I wonder if she can keep up in the looks department, though. Clearly, there's no shortage of talent there. Basically, the opposite of Ariel Versace.

I don't think Honey Davenport was necessarily the worst in that episode. I liked her fringe look, and she might have been interesting in the long run.

A'Keria - meh, well put together pageant queen, not sure if anything more.

Shuga - sometimes very good, sometimes forgettable.

I'm sure I've forgotten some of them. The problem this season is that there are too many of them! It's hard to keep track.

Oh. Plastique. Resting on pretty. Soju. Taint cyst forever.
    Last edited by Dan; 03-18-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Never forget

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    Yvie's jellyfish runway is one of the most impressive runways in recent memory.
    I liked it too. I also learned how someone gets pink eye. The more you know.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    We're in that space now where if we don't know something about these people, that's pretty bad. Three episodes in - we should know who you are and what sets you out from the rest of the contestants.

Vanjie is a star.
    Yvie is emerging as a star of this season.
    Brooke Lynn, Nina, Silky, even Ariel - all making an impact for different reasons (good and bad - but we know which ones they are)

There's the middle ground of people who haven't really broken through yet in a memorable way - and these next few episodes are crucial for that.