Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Who is supposedly the more electable choice, though? Bloomberg? Biden? America isn't going to vote for a gay man, that's just how it is, so Mayor Pete is out. I love Warren but I can't see her having the momentum now. And the Dems being moderate all the time is how they lost huge swathes of their voting base and fail to mobilize the younger demographic.

It's also really ridiculous that so many people are angry that Bernie continued to criticize the frontrunner in 2016, and yet are taking shots at him for...being the frontrunner. A'ight.

I think Pete could certainly run and be president, just not right now. I also think Warren could run the tables on Trump, too. She's my first choice (after Gillibrand [who was my electable choice]). But electability is not necessarily a good reason. Electability has lost every presidential race since Taft. Obama didn't run on an #anybodybutMcCain campaign. McCain was the "electable." Clinton didn't run on an #anybodybutbush campaign. Clinton was controversial. They called him a communist. They said he burned American flags in Red Square. Carter's second campaign was an #anybodybutreagan. Mondale, Dukakis, Dole, Gore, were all electables who lost.

I do think that a lot people certainly don't want Sanders to beat Trump or win the nomination because of baggage from 2016. The CAP types like Neera Tanden (who is very well known in these parts) want power and Sanders isn't playing. That's where nearly all the frustration is coming from. Sanders upsets the very foundation of lobbying. My guess is that if he wins, they'll have to adjust. But oh my god people are trying way too hard to destroy Sanders, especially after months of saying Don't talk trash about the frontrunner when it was their person. And it's so ironic that people are going after his supporters as if they aren't equally or more toxic. The truth is that everyone is full of holy passions and believe there are more righterer and smarterer than everyone else and the don't want to budge. Everyone needs to control their impulses.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    All of the noise is online and on the cable networks. In real life most people just want to get this primary over with and focus on the general. I really believe that. I hope after super Tuesday at the very least- Amy, Pete, and Biden drop out. Steyer and Bloomberg I'm not very hopeful about, since they have the money to do whatever they want. If Warren doesn't start picking up delegates on super Tuesday, she won't have the money to keep going either.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    All of the noise is online and on the cable networks. In real life most people just want to get this primary over with and focus on the general.
    Totally! It is actually amazing to me how worked up people get about how the candidates act toward each other in the primaries. It's a death match in that there's only one winner. I just ignore all that stuff because IDGAF. I am voting on policies, not personalities, anyway.

In other news I've already been chatting with a Republican about Bernie Sanders. And it's back to business as usual. Everything that is anti-Trump is hacked and rigged. I'd love to tell you that she's not a white mother of interracial children who possesses a masters degree, but I'd be lying.
    Last edited by uncanny hats; 02-25-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Yeesh.

Nevertheless, she persisted. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Fuck.

This debate is batshit.
    In November, vote for the candidate who believes in science.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Why does the audience like Bloomberg so much?

What a fucking train wreck. Because of how much energy and chatter the last one generated, it's like they're trying to manufacture that vibe again.

The audience reactions are suspicious...

EDIT: Local media is mentioning that tickets cost $1,750 to $3,200
    Last edited by Andyland; 02-26-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Yep. Bloomberg bought that audience.

Someone on twitter today said Bernie is channeling Larry Sanders doing Bernie and now that's all I can see and hear.

I don't watch CBS so I really only recognize Gayle. This explains part of the ineptitude as she is one of the non-Gayle moderators

The kind of person who would say something like this has no business on such an important stage.

CBS is being trashed for running the debate poorly.

And, well, good.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I've got to say the Dem "establishment" contingent on Twitter and on the media running around with their hair on fire over a possible nomination of Bernie is really giving the online Bernie mob a run for their money for most fucking annoying people on the planet. If he has the most delegates, he should be the nominee. All of these assholes running to the NY Times to push the idea of a brokered convention are power hungry ego maniacs so afriad that they would lose their power and control in a Sanders administration. I cannot wait for this dumb contest to end. It is kind of amazing how the DNC have managed to fuck up one of the most important primaries in our country's history. Between the shitty caucuses, the back and forth on debate rules, and poor planning in general I have no faith in them.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    It is kind of amazing how the DNC have managed to fuck up one of the most important primaries in our country's history. Between the shitty caucuses, the back and forth on debate rules, and poor planning in general I have no faith in them.
    This. "Never Trump" Republicans warned this would happen because Dems are terrible at elections. And despite all the screaming and protests from Dems, those predictions are playing out right now. We better fucking drop all the hysterics and vote for the eventual candidate, or you can kiss goodbye both chambers of Congress and the Supreme Court. The next four years, if we get a Dem president, need to be spent cleaning up the mess of the Trump administration, securing future elections, working on laws regarding presidential powers, etc. And that's what they should be running on. Republican strategist Rick Wilson has continued saying that this election should be a referendum on Trump and he's correct. It's how you win.

If they don't use the mishandling of this Coronavirus pandemic to absolutely fucking hammer Trump and his administration they're stupid. THIS is a perfect example of why we need to fund things like the CDC (Trump cut those budgets) and universal healthcare in some form.