Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

Marianne was first worst. Leave Jacinda alone!
    Williamson now totally ruins Tori's song for me.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    “It’s a quote senator”. Go Rachel go. Bernie says dumb stuff and then lies about it later. Own. It.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Cringe-worthy night.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Oh good god Marianne is gonna harness love to beat trump

Last night there were 4-5 people I thought should advance to the next debate. Tonight, I think the biggest winner is Beto. Because no one is going to be talking about his floppery night 1 any more when you had 9/10 tonight that just kind of have me speechless and so on par with his performance.

Swalwell - Pass the Torch, Pass the Torch
    Gillebrand - :EKFJW:JWLEIOWEF
    Williamson - Love will win!
    Bennet - I am basically an immigrant.
    Biden - Obama rocks!
    Hickenlooper - Cool last name.
    Mayor Pete - I've had a rough week
    Bernie - I said that??
    Harris - WINNER WINNER
    Yang - I got to speak 3 times.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Joe is too orange and should he win, his debate with trump is gonna make Marianne tonight sound like the great orators of yore. Elderly orange screamers who can’t keep their hands to themselves.

It's over. Last night I turned over to the other stations. I had no idea they got to replay so much of NBC's footage. But Fox News put some anchor on whom I have never heard of, she was pleasant, and she interviewed everyone she could and it was cordial.
    CNN acted like they held the debate.

I can't wait to flip around the channels to see the reaction to this.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Joe is too orange and should he win, his debate with trump is gonna make Marianne tonight sound like the great orators of yore. Elderly orange screamers who can’t keep their hands to themselves.
    OMG. I didn't even want to go there but he had too much bronzer and Gillebrand didn't have enough. I don't feel petty right now talking about too much or too little makeup application. I'm really disappointed. I just hope people watched both nights. Because I fear everyone waited to watch until tonight and they really missed a great night1 debate. It had passion and energy and there was a lot there.

I wish Warren was on this stage.. but this season is just starting. People are going to have highs and lows from debates for a very long time.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

This is old but this woman should have been watching from home and nowhere near the stage

Oh good god Marianne is gonna harness love to beat trump
    I WAS NOT EXAGGERATING

What I thought was a huge advantage for Kamala Harris taking on Biden about busing is being spun against her by other media outlets and he's being defended. wow.

I realize it's so easy to sit here and criticize.. clearly if you're there on the stage or a moderator you really can't see the trees from the Forrest so soon. And it isn't so bad as I am making it. No one did something that was so bad that it is disqualifying.
    The 3 B's were just really low energy tonight.
    Last edited by Volta; 06-28-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar

I was nodding tonight and missed Kamala taking down Biden. (Apparently, she really did draw blood, because Biden just whined on Twitter about the shot she took.) But I did see her earlier and yeah, she was sharp. She’s pretty much the consensus winner tonight. Guess that prosecutor stuff really does help.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    It shouldn’t, but it does. We love people who are pro-prison labor.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Is she? That’s disappointing. One thing I love about Warren is that she’s going directly at private prisons and all that bullshit.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Biden is just not a good candidate as far as positions and the ability to take the heat. Busing is complicated and like I said upthread, he could just say things like "It's been a long time. If I knew then what I knew now, I'd have done things differently. Times have changed and I have the experience and wisdom on my side to know when it's time to grow" or something like that. But no, Joe was right then and Joe is right NOW and how DARE you suggest otherwise.

Instead of Meghan McCain invoking her father to justify everything she does and thinks, he invokes Obama. Obama as shield for THE THINGS HE DID WHEN HE DIDN'T KNOW BARRACK.

And his people SUCK because they should have know Harris was going to be a bigger threat last night and done a little more oppo on her. They should have known she had been bused and that there was a reasonable chance he'd be asked about it, now or later. At some point someone was going to stick a mic in his face and bring it up. And answering "I know this personally affected people here on the stage and I wish it had gone better back then. Sometimes we do what turns out to be the wrong thing for the right reason" would have taken away her very powerful moment of sharing her story.

He is also very Trump-y in that he refuses to listen to his people and wants to just do things on instinct. The lesson from the Trump era isn't that a loudmouth will win. Dems aren't Republicans. We generally can see through it. And does that mean he won't win anyway? No, but if he's inevitable, he could at least TRY to appeal to those of us who would begrudgingly vote for him in the general. Bring us together, not scream at us how he's the best because Obama.

The real winners last night were Warren y los hombres quién hablan español from night 1 because they were civil and respectful. The general is going to be worse than '16 and too much squabbling in the Dem primaries hurt us in the general.

I wish Rachel and Chuck or the other 3 had asked about supporting the eventual nominee.
    Last edited by Regina Phalange; 06-28-2019 at 02:35 PM.