Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    This is old but this woman should have been watching from home and nowhere near the stage

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    A pundit on MSNBC just now quoted the movie Predator to explain his takeaway from the debate w/r/t Biden:

“If it bleeds, we can kill it.”

I liked that.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Look at their faces. I had the luxury of being home and being able to mock her out loud.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Is she? That’s disappointing. One thing I love about Warren is that she’s going directly at private prisons and all that bullshit.
    Private prisons only make up around 8% of the prison population in the US; politicians who only talk about doing away with them are scoring points from criminal justice advocates but aren't advocating for systemic change to our prison system, much like how politicians who only talk about doing away with machine guns aren't actually advocating for significant reductions gun violence. A massive amount of the slave labor in our prison system is to provide cheap hard labor, churn out materials for the state (ranging from license plates and desks for public schools to military equipment) or for private contractors who buy the labor but leave the inmates housed in state facilities. No one's talking about that on the Dem side because, well, it's the Dems, and acting like the most important problem is private prisons means we don't have to criticize our state organs or, most of all, military spending.

As for Kamala, under her, her office opposed depopulating (unconstitutionally overcrowded) California prisons because it would decrease the amount of cheap labor the state of California could use, especially to bolster firefighting services. Kamala claimed that she had no idea her office was pushing this viewpoint, but that's highly suspect given that it was the single biggest case in criminal justice in California for many years, going as far as the Supreme Court. Either she thinks "but our free labor" is an acceptable argument or she's woefully careless in terms of how her executors operate.

Good food for thought, Perky. I’ll check that issue out more thoroughly.

I especially like Yang in the Marianne Side-eye picture.

Let’s cull the field. Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, Castro. Beto, Hickenlooper, and a couple of others can run for Senate.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post

Let’s cull the field. Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, Castro. Beto, Hickenlooper, and a couple of others can run for Senate.
    Definitely. They are the only ones that really matter at this point. Everyone else is just noise. Honestly, take Biden away from the list and I'm thrilled with a ticket of any combination of the rest

I cannot get over this woman. I mean, I thought she was hot garbage before, but she exceeded my kooky expectations

Harris or Warren for president, Buttigieg or Castro for VP. The old dudes can fuck right off.

Tulsi Gabbard would win the election in my opinion. She's amazing, strong, composed and direct.

Wow, huge jump for Kamala! And Warren too.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/polit...oll/index.html

It had been a minute since I changed my avatar, user title, and sig.

Swalwell's bailing but we're still probably at the same number of contenders because Tom Steyer is rumored to enter the race. He's the guy who keeps funding "Trump sucks" commercials on cable news.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Bernie!!! He’s woke tonight. Much more energy. And everyone is scolding each other. Bullock just told Warren “But you are playing into Trumps agenda.”
    So crazy to have a group 80 percent moderate and all democrats with so many vastly different ideas on health care and immigration.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I'm for Warren, but not so much that I won't support someone else who proves themself. These debates haven't really made anyone shine to me, but they're definitely putting assholes into the "Oh hell no" box very easily. Delaney is an asshole and Marianne? When I turned the tv on she was speaking and I wanted to punch the screen in about 24 seconds.

I get the lower-prestige candidates need to make a splash, but they're all being grumpy fucks and it's kind of gross and off-putting. You can't make a Kamala in Debate 2 moment happen. She did and it was a one time thing. And while that was clearly planned, it came across at the time fairly authentic. Everyone yelling at Bernie and Warren are just trying to have A Moment and I can smell the desperation from here

eta: snort

Last edited by Regina Phalange; 07-31-2019 at 01:40 AM.

I hope by this weekend there will be several coded "restructuring his/her campaign" press releases. I want good, healthy candidates and we have a lot of dead wood. And crazy wood who never should have been on the stage and should be home tending her crystal garden.