Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I'm shocked that people on this board seem to prefer empty suits like Pete and pro-authority candidates like Kamala over Bernie based on sourness over whether he was firm enough with the spambots and a few hundred assholes on Twitter.

Regardless, it's not about the individual candidate and their temperament, IMO. I think that's one of the big mistakes when it comes to framing the primary. It's about who has a plan that they can feasibly and strategically staff the agencies with people who can execute a vision. My money's on Warren.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post

Regardless, it's not about the individual candidate and their temperament, IMO. I think that's one of the big mistakes when it comes to framing the primary. It's about who has a plan that they can feasibly and strategically staff the agencies with people who can execute a vision. My money's on Warren.
    My money has always been too. But there's been a lot swirling around on my social media about her going back on her promise to disband ICE and I know that might be a deal-breaker for people.

Bloomberg moves past Warren, takes number three spot. To make things weirder, the DNC has nixed the donor rules. Bloomberg will probably debate.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Ugh. So gross. I really hate Bloomberg just swooping in. The DNC changing the donor rules at the same time is a very bad look. God damn it.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Ugh. So gross. I really hate Bloomberg just swooping in. The DNC changing the donor rules at the same time is a very bad look. God damn it.
    I agree but Chris HAYES made a good argument for it: Bloomberg is out there buying votes but hasn't made the stage yet so the others can eviscerate him.

I don't think it's some Clinton surrogate plan to knock Bernie out. But I also don't think the smartest people were on this task and thought it through fully. They have to get their shit together. Trump has got to go and in such a way it's not even close to balance the cheating that will happen. And try to pick up some Senate seats. And not lose the House. And maybe a few governorships and state legs.

I've tried to have positive opinions of the Squad. They have faced horrible misogyny and all kinds of bigotry. But then they do shit like this and fuck them. Fuck them so hard.

You need Hillary voters. If Bernie gets the nom, of course I'll vote for him. But maybe I won't canvass for him or donate money or put out a sign. Stop telling me Bernie is nothing like Trump when Bernie surrogates insult previous nominees just like Trump did.

I'm not saying there aren't big differences and that previous nominees are above scrutiny, but this shit is gross. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. This video is one step away from Lock Her Up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

. This video is one step away from Lock Her Up.
    Are you telling me Hillary shouldn't be locked up? The corruption, the war crimes? Booing her is a really mild reaction imo.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    Are you telling me Hillary shouldn't be locked up? The corruption, the war crimes? Booing her is a really mild reaction imo.
    Jesus, Tulsi, get off the internet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Jesus, Tulsi, get off the internet.
    Well, Tulsi was absolutely correct about Hillary. She is the queen of warmongers, (friends with Kissinger also) and Clinton is everything that is wrong with the democratic party.

Trolls gonna troll.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Trolls gonna troll.
    Yeah, I guess so.

Yeah, I don’t have time for this bullshit. Unf is only open for another five months and I have a lot of personal shit going on, so the last thing I’m dealing with is some troll spewing Russian disinformation and propaganda. Banned.

I just hope people will vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is, no matter what. (Looks like it'll probably be either Biden or Sanders)
    Last edited by Puddles; 02-02-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddles View Post

I just hope people will vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is, no matter what. (Looks like it'll probably be either Biden or Sanders)
    Most likely but still... Hard to tell. Too close, too many variables. I think this said it well

The pure souls on the left having purity contests all day long with each other really need to have a reality check with themselves. If Biden wins (ugh), if they can't pull the lever for him, then they don't care about getting rid of Trump. Same goes for anyone else's supporters, but it's Bernie Bros who have a "X or bust" thing going. Stop making it hard. Fight Trump, not each other. Criticize Clintons or Obama or Jimmy Fucking Carter if you must, but don't stoop to Trump tactics even if you think it's deserved because "they" started it or are neo-liberal shills and only you embody the true Democratic spirit... So much spirit you won't even vote for the nominee if it's not your guy.

And if the purity police are going to gang up on people, how about Bloomberg or Steyer, ffs. People who are buying their way into contention, rather than retired members of your party whose support you just might really need. Do you want a halfass Clinton endorsement or do you want full wattage Bill glitz and glam in Michigan in October? Really people stop being dumb.

I hate Sanders and I’m voting for him if it goes that way I still can’t come to terms with Warren’s fade