Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2019

Eurovision 2019

So, it turns out we're going to win this year (the Netherlands)? The bookies say so

(I do really like the song)
    post28!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    we've actually sent a decent song in? wow
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

This year has some interesting entries. Kate Miller-Heidke is my favorite:

I love the song, but the whole performance is about the woman in black.
    Last edited by waitressboy; 03-12-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Hatari - Hatrið Mun Sigra - Iceland - National Final Performance - Eurovision 2019

Get's my vote!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I'm just so over songs relying on "shock value"
    (or songs that hurt my ears... My god that chorus is so off key you need a crowbar)
    post28!

I just don´t know what to think about this...

Portugal entry this year is... weird. The song is actually good, but the "coreography" is the biggest WTF this year.
    I don't know how many of you follow actively EV every year, but this year Ukraine will not be part of it because politics. The worst part is that they had chosen a song that everybody was calling their favorite for this year:

She won the national finals, but the "problem" is that she has a career in Russia, and she was asked to drop all her commitments in Russia in order to participate. She said ok, but then the government said that they didn't want her to represent Ukraine, and they put more demands: the worst of all is that she couldn't give any interview and say anything without the approval of the government of Ukraine. Then she said no, and all the other participant decided to quit too. So, no Ukraine this year. "Siren song" is very good tbh.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    An ongoing direct territorial conflict that cost 10k+ lives is hard to ignore though. The countries are responsibile for sending a candidate of non-political nature, and her entry was controversial from the get-go as she toured Russia almost directly after Crimea was taken.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar

Italy, as usual, will send the Sanremo Festival winner.
    I usually don't care for our Eurovision entries, and Mahmood's music isn't exactly my cup of tea, but... I kinda root for him for two reasons:
    - our shitty racist government was upset that he won because his father is egyptian, part of the lyrics is in arabic and his name sounds 'foreign', so fuck you government
    (a journalist even asked him if he 'missed his homeland Egypt". He replied that he's been in Egypt a couple times on vacation, because, you know, he's italian and his homeland is Italy.)
    - he's actually good and his attitude is genuine. The song is about his father who left him and his mother and only came back to ask for money.

Btw, guys, I like Iceland's entry.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

You just HAVE TO love Eurovision.

So today was the first semifinal and this happened:

I don't know, I think they should cancel the rest of the festival, this is the winner.

The overall quality was horrible!!! And why do all those eastern european countries keep thinking that some big, burly man in a black outfit with a beard and/or bun singing some moody song in a cheese grater voice is a good idea..? We get them every year!

Also San Marino made me ears hurt.
    post28!

I loved Australia even more than I thought I would. I hope they won't beat The Netherlands. We need to win. If we lose to France or Azerjiban [sp] I'm not watching next year. I'll allow losing to Sweden (because the show will be good next year) or Australia (because it's awesome) but I feel like a victory for Australia wouldn't count because the show wouldn't be held in Australia anyway.

Also whoever selected that Belgian boy is out of their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I loved Australia even more than I thought I would. I hope they won't beat The Netherlands. We need to win. If we lose to France or Azerjiban [sp] I'm not watching next year. I'll allow losing to Sweden (because the show will be good next year) or Australia (because it's awesome) but I feel like a victory for Australia wouldn't count because the show wouldn't be held in Australia anyway.

Also whoever selected that Belgian boy is out of their mind.
    I'm confused about what happens in Australia wins (because she totally should). Is the country in the second place the next host? Or Australia has the right to choose the place?

San Marino was pathetic. It was more than pathetic, it was just sad. I can't deal with that not even as ironic consumption. Portugal should've been in his place.

Semifinal 2 will be strange.
    I don't get the hype for Netherlands, tbh. And the stage doesn't seem to be very cool either.
    Russia sends another boring song.
    Sweden is so politically correct this year. I really prefer when they send something upbeat.

Spain's only chance to get in the top 5 is if Miki takes his shirt off. It's as simple as that. But no, he's dressed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    I don't get the hype for Netherlands, tbh. And the stage doesn't seem to be very cool either.
    YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!
    post28!