Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Little Lies

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Was that it? I didn't think it was the finale because usually shows end on an even number and last night was 7... but it felt final.

According to HBO it was the finale. Season one also had 7 episodes.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Yep. That was it.in about 18 months, who will we be discussing this with. I have no idea when it's coming back but it seems like the time between seasons on HBO is longer and longer.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

My understanding is they didn’t plan a third season. I guess it could get renewed but I have no idea where they’d take it at this point.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It's good but it's ok if it ends. I liked the mystery aspect of S1, who was dead, who killed the vic and why. You can't do that repeatedly unless you're Law & Order. So if they continued, they'd have to either repeat something gimmicky which did work once and maybe could only work once or leave it entirely behind, which was part of the draw.

So yeah, I liked it but...

New interview with Nicole and Reese where they continue to seem open to the possibility of a third season. They also dismiss the rumors of the clash for creative control between the directors this season: https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/28/big-lit...-2-possible-3/