Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impeachment: The Theatrics of Futility

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar

Fiona Hill is fucking amazing. I hope she dog walks Jim Jordan and Devin Nunes.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Love it!

Sondland seemed all over the place to me. While some of what he said initially made 45 look bad, he seemed to waver toward the end. Maybe he was irritated because he had a flight to catch.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    So... that's it? We're done? I mean not forever but for today and presumably until after Thanksgiving? It feels "wrong" for it to be done AT THE PERFECTLY REASONABLE HOUR OF 4PM and "ONLY" seven hours.

What happens next? I assume they spend time in this committee bickering over what to do next, more witnesses, blah blah blah, but it's not done done, right? More committees, full house votes, etc at least.

Yes there are more steps, votes. The articles of impeachment have to be drafted.

It just boggles my mind that there might not be more hearings. Subpoena people and keep at it. Arrest them. It's a big fucking deal. Don't drop it even if you can't wait for the court process to work itself out in the meantime. I want to see people who ignored subpoenas in jail. Period. Even if it is in 3 years under another president.

Anyway, so much is still not out there. And all the breadcrumbs Mueller left aren't being followed. The "wrap it up fast" strategy is just something I don't get. The poll numbers for Trump are terrible. Why would you stop making his life miserable? I mean, it's not like it's not justified by the offenses alone, but politically it's a big meal and we're taking a little nibble and leaving the restaurant.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Fiona Hill is perhaps the most poised, intelligent, quick-on-their-feet witness to testify before Congress.
    You could really feel how her energy threw off the Republicans.
    And the one woman on the republican side who they make sure speaks to the press right after Jordan .. I think she was so surprised to be acknowledged she kinda fizzled into her legal pad.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

color me surprised.

Er... color mooooooo surprised

The look on his face when Rep. Swalwell read this tidbit of information into the Impeachment hearing record was amusing. Can Schiff ask that he be removed from the Impeachment process I wonder?

I mean, taking the word of a guy in big trouble is foolish. But there isn't much other than that to indicate Nunes was falsely accused and the guy is saying he has texts. lol.

I didn't even know this thread existed until now. I'm still trying to figure out why every time I send a PM, I get a forwarded copy of what I just sent in my inbox. (Are the Russians behind this or am I just a very silly girl?) It's confusing enough to post here even at the best of times, let alone at the end of the world as we know it. I'll just go ahead and subscribe to this and come back sometime soon. If we all live that long.

Ahem, sorry. Please continue.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I know it's been mostly dead in here, but I was like "I can't believe no one is talking about this!"

Guess I should still check "new posts" from time to time.
    Same here.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

I just woke up and I haven't even had a cup of coffee, but there is a tremendous amount of support for RBG from commenters in the local news threads now that she's back. That NEVER happens at the Baltimore Sun but it's happening now. Someone pointed out that because McConnell set the precedent in 2016 that a president does not get to appoint a replacement justice in an election year, if she makes it alive one more month, according to the Republicans' own rules, Trump will not be able to fill her seat anyway if something happens to her or she retires. Is that really true and if so, is McConnell strictly bound by that rule?

I don't believe that's true, unfortunately. It would make him look like a hypocrite, for sure, but he'd still be able to do it.

Thank you for weighing in so quicky, Andyland. That would be too good to be true.