Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Sheryl Crow Thread

yes, listening to the new album right now for the first time and I'm very pleasantly surprised. She sounds revitalized and there are some great songs here. impressive guest list too but like @Owen said, it still sounds very cohesive. the only song I haven't been crazy about so far is Story of Everything. The Chuck D inclusion feels forced.

I think it's a solid album, though I tend to prefer the collaborations with up-and-comers (Jason Isbell, Brandi Carlile, Lucius, St. Vincent) more than the stuff with the old fogies (Johnny Cash being the exception; they did a brilliant job blending their versions of what is probably Sheryl's all-time best written song).

No news but just wanted to share Screaming Female's cover of If It Makes You Happy.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

If this is indeed her final album, she's ending on a high note--I think Threads is really quite strong. At first it took a while for me to absorb it because it's so long, but it's actually quite cohesive. The only misfire for me is "Story of Everything," but it's not like it's dire or anything. Her voice sounds great throughout. My favorite is probably "Don't" with Lucius.

I enjoyed Be Myself well enough, but when all is said and done I would rank it as my least favorite album of hers. I'm glad she went for one more outing, since it would have been a shame if that was her last full-length album.

Sheryl Crow Performs George Harrison's "Beware of Darkness" - Late Show #PlayAtHome

Well, that's rather wonderful!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Beautiful cover and she looks AMAZING.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    She always looks great.
    I move with the trees in the breeze I know that time is elastic.

That was lovely! She is so cool.

I am so into these Quarantine vids Sheryl and her band have been posting. This is probably my favorite yet - I was supposed to see her last month for the first time but this is helping with the delay!