Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The All-Inclusive Massive Attack Thread

Exclamation The XX

I wanted to post this in an The XX post, but could not find any, so here it goes - a version of Crystalised has leaked on Youtube. The poster claims the musicians are Massive Attack, Mark Lanegan and Warpaint, but I think Warpaint should be Martina Topley Bird, she sounds like the female singer. When Tracey Thorn released her Night Time single, I read something that they wanted to release a version of The XX debut album with songs being covered and reworked by other artists, but since it got shelved, Tracey released her cover on her own. Perhaps this Crystalised version comes from that project ? Sounds mighty interesting and I would love for Massive Attack to release this officially

Oooh! I haven't heard this before. It's fantastic. That's most definitely Martina. I guess she posted this on her FB page awhile back and said “More to come soon,” so perhaps this is set for Lanegan’s forthcoming covers album or her own follow-up to Some Place Simple. We used to talk quite a bit, but not much anymore - otherwise I'd ask about it. I'm sure we'll see in a little bit.

they have put out a new track with Hope Sandoval

Great song, great video

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    Great song, great video

something about her face reminds me of young Isabelle Adjani

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    something about her face reminds me of young Isabelle Adjani
    totally!

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    That whole video is reminiscent of the movie Possession, with Isabelle and Sam Neil.

Did we skip over the Ritual Spirit EP from earlier this year??? I kinda forgot about it myself. This song is better than anything on that.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    https://pitchfork.com/news/massive-a...ns-liz-fraser/

Evidently Liz Fraser is joining the band on a 21-year anniversary tour of Mezzanine across select cities in Europe and North America early next year.

saw them live in Paris on the 13th. Loved it - they covered the songs they sampled, which made it sometimes a bit puzzling for me at first. But once I got it, I loved it.

Elizabeth Fraser sounded great. She also brought Where Have All The Flowers Gone with them. Always great looking forward to hear her sing, Group Four, love that song. This time they played a version that was closer to the album version, not with a very long outro and flashing white light like on the last two tours I saw them.

this concert made me appreciate Horace Andy some more. He's on most of their albums and he sounded great live.

Dissolved Girl was a bit strange. Sara Jay was not there live and there was a video of a webcam girl singing, but I have no idea how she looks in real life

listened to Mad Professor disc today from the rerealead Mezzanine album...a bit disappointed, expected a bit more somehow